Most parents have to deal with head lice over the span of their parenting career. Battling those pesky bugs doesn’t have to involve harmful chemical shampoos, French schoolgirl haircuts, or money.
Today I’ll show you the second step of killing (and preventing) head lice using only easy to find natural ingredients. Be sure to use this daytime natural head lice treatment in coordination with the ultimate overnight natural head lice treatment to guarantee head lice destruction.
Daytime Natural Head Lice Treatment
Weapons of head lice warfare:
This treatment works extremely well in conjunction with the overnight natural head lice treatment. My family used it daily for about 2 weeks following our head lice infestation and it worked! My kids loved the way it made their hair smell too.
Combine rubbing alcohol and essential oils in a spray bottle. Every morning and evening comb through hair with a lice comb and remove any visible bugs and eggs. Be thorough! This step is just as important as the topical head lice treatments.
Shake spray bottle and spray roots of hair with this daytime natural head lice remedy. Apply morning and evening for at least one week, but preferably two. If the alcohol gases burn your child’s eyes, cover his face with a washcloth during application.
Extra tips to beat head lice:
- Don’t skimp on product or use low-grade essential oils if you want to really blast the lice out of your home. Be sure to read labels, not all essential oils are created equally. I recommend purchasing the oils from the links shared above, as I have full confidence in the product quality.
- Check each member of your family for head lice using a lice comb. Boil between each head check. If you suspect lice, at least treat the person with the daily head lice remedy for one week and check their head daily with the lice comb.
- Be sure to rid your home of head lice so they don’t spread.
- Vacuum sofas and carpet
- Wash bedclothes and dry them in the dryer on a hot setting.
- Launder stuffed animals your child sleeps with and toss them in the dryer.
- Assign one hairbrush to each family member and boil brushes nightly while the lice are still in the house.
Remember, this natural head lice spray works best when used with the overnight natural head lice treatment. Try it and see for yourself. You’ve got nothing to lost but the itchy scalp!
For more natural living posts, follow my Natural Living board on Pinterest.