Last week my husband baked the tastiest easy chocolate pie for his grandma. Sweet, I know. He had less than an hour until she was due at our door so we scrambled for this tried and true 5-star pie recipe tucked safely into my recipe binder.
This easy chocolate pie recipe came to me from a “Luscious Literature” seminar I took in university, and couldn’t be simpler. I suppose that’s why the professors chose it, but I kept the recipe for the pie’s rich chocolate flavor and no-fuss ingredient list. If you’re in a hurry, be sure to use this handy pie-crust rolling tip. You won’t be disappointed!
*Note: This recipe makes 2 pies but can be halved exactly to bake one.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. butter
- 1 (12 oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 unbaked 9" pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over low heat, melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick. Add flour and vanilla mixing until there are no clumps. Blend in chocolate mixture and pour filling into the pie shells.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is just set. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Excellent served warm alongside vanilla ice cream or a tall glass of milk.
What is your favorite fast & easy pie recipe?