Summer’s coming and soon your kiddos will be home 24/7. While it’s *PAR-TAY* time as far as they’re concerned, you may have considered padlocking the fridge to keep up with their constant snacking. Save time and money on food by making homemade English muffins. Once you find out how ridiculously easy these are to make, you’ll never pick up a package at the supermarket again!
English muffins are the perfect vehicle for all kinds of toppings. Smear them with butter and jam and call it breakfast. Smother in pb&j and you’ve got a quick prep-ahead lunch. Impress your girlfriends by smoothing a thick layer of tangy key lime curd over toasted English muffins. Go gourmet and turn your hearty homemade English muffins into eggs benedict or do a fast food spin-off with healthy copycat Egg McMuffins.
If that’s not enough to get you pumped about pumping out English muffins in your own kitchen…
Here’s why we love homemade English muffins (and you will, too!):
- No oven required! These babies are skillet-cooked.
- 1 bowl batter. No dish pan hands for you!
- Inexpensive, especially when compared to store-bought English muffins
- Can you say grab ‘n’ go breakfast?
- 3 words: English muffin pizza
- Lightning fast yeast bread goodness in under an hour!
- So easy your kids could make them! (Father’s Day breakfast idea!)
- Nutritious and made with whole foods. No preservatives here!
Head over to Joyful Healthy Eats to check out my full recipe for English muffins and a whole-wheat alternative recipe too!